Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Village Eyewear and thank you for visiting our website!
When you use our products and services, you're agreeing to our terms. So please take a few minutes to read over the below-mentioned Terms and Conditions before using our website.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TERM OR PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THEREBY SHALL INDICATE YOUR CONSENT AND AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
SECTION 1- PROHIBITED CONDUCT
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or any other provision hereof, you acknowledge and agree, as follows:
- Not to access the Site using any automated means, including, without limitation, harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers;
- Not to engage in multi-level marketing using the Site, including, without limitation, pyramid schemes, and similar marketing concepts;
- Not to upload, use or disseminate viruses or other malicious code or other abusive scripts or processes;
- Not to solicit login, account, or other personal information of another person or request or obtain access to an account of another person;
- Not to bully, intimidate, or harass any person;
- Not to take any action that could disable, overburden, or impair the operation or availability of the Site, such as a denial-of-service attack;
- Not to facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- Not to issue chargeback disputes against us;
- Not to use patented, copyrighted, trademarked, or other protected intellectual property without the written consent and authorization of the owner of such property;
- Not to copy, distribute or disseminate the Site or any portion thereof, and not to transfer the Site, or any portion thereof, to another person or “mirror” the Site, or any portion thereof, on any other server;
- Not to decompile or reverse engineer, or attempt to decompile or reverse engineer, the Site or any portion thereof; and
- Not to take any other action that could result in any damage or disruption to the Site, or that could otherwise result in any liability, damages, costs or expenses on the part of Village Eyewear.
SECTION 2- PAYMENT AND PRICES
Product descriptions, typographic, pricing, and photographic errors are unintentional and subject to correction. We regret but are not liable for such errors. We reserve the right to reject any orders placed for a product listed at an incorrect price. If you discover an error in our website or catalog, please let us know.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts that have come into force. If you dispute any payment made to us you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
SECTION 3- PRESCRIPTION LESENES
You hereby certify that you have a valid prescription for the prescription lenses that you are ordering. You warrant that your prescription is used in accordance with the guidance of your eye care provider and by placing an order with Village Eyewear that the information you entered is valid, true, and correct.
You further certify that your prescription has not expired and you will renew your prescription in strict accordance with your eye care providers suggested regime. You understand that Village Eyewear will not fulfill your order unless you have a valid prescription.
SECTION 4- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
We have made every effort to describe and display as accurately as possible the colors, the designs, and the material used for the production of products being featured at Village Eyewear. However, the images are a representation only, the actual colors and the clarity of the photos of our products you see may differ to the represented images; it will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitors' display of any color will be accurate.
We also cannot guarantee that the images of the products featured at Village Eyewear have depicted every detail of the products. We have attempted to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that the product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Village Eyewear is not as described, you may return it in unused condition with full contents to Village Eyewear.
SECTION 5- YOUR OBLIGATION
By placing an order for any prescription glasses you are confirming that:
- you have a valid current glasses prescription issued by a registered optician or ophthalmic medical practitioner for the glasses which you are ordering;
- the data you provide to Village Eyewear concerning the condition of your eyes corresponds to the data found on your current prescription.
- you know of no reason why the prescription glasses which you are ordering would not be appropriate for you.
- you are not experiencing any discomfort with the prescription glasses you are currently prescribed to wear.
- the order placed through this Website represents a request for prescription glasses by you, which fulfills the needs of you yourself and no other person.
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
SECTION 6- DELAYS IN DELIVERY
We may provide shipping time estimations for all of our products. We will work to get your order to you as quickly as possible, but please note that our shipping lead times are all estimations and we cannot guarantee an order to arrive by a specific time.
Estimated delivery dates are indicative & approximate values only and items can be shipped earlier or later also on a case-to-case basis depending on availability of item and other factors.
SECTION 7- REFUND/REPLACEMENT POLICY
If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with the purchase we invite you to review our policy on refunds and exchanges. The following terms are applicable for any products that you purchased with us.
Any product once received by you can be returned to us for a refund or exchange within 30 days of the delivery, if:
- You received the wrong product
- You received a faulty or defective product
(Replacements will not be issued for minor packaging damages that might have happened during the shipping process.)
Refund for purchased Products shall not be entertained by Village Eyewear if:
- The Product has been purposely damaged;
- The price tags, brand tags, box, original packaging material, and accompanying accessories have been damaged or discarded by the User;
- The serial number/IMEI number/bar code of the Product, as applicable, does not match our records;
- The accessories delivered with the Product are not returned along with the Product, in an undamaged condition;
- There are any dents, scratches, tears or any other damage to the Products or any part thereof;
- The Product doesn’t reach us in sellable condition;
- The Product was marked "Non Returnable"
- We are satisfied that the Product has been rendered used, defective or unusable.
We will usually offer you an exchange or send a replacement as soon as the problem is confirmed.
We will replace your damaged product or provide a refund once we receive the product from you. This process might take 14 days to a month depending upon the different scenarios.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any Product that does not meet the refund conditions in our sole discretion.
SECTION 8- EXTERNAL LINKS
The site may contain (or you may be sent through the site) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness by us.
WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
SECTION 9- LIMITATIONS ON USE
You may not reproduce, resell, or distribute our products for any purpose unless you have been specifically permitted to do so under a separate agreement with Village Eyewear. You may not offer or enable any third parties to use the products purchased by You, display on any website or otherwise publish the services or any Content obtained from a Service or otherwise generate income from the services or use the services for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar to our services.
SECTION 10- INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in any way from any content or other material you place on the site or submit to us, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
SECTION 11- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL WE OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "PROTECTED ENTITIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
SECTION 12- TERMINATION
We may terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the site or the site's products or services at any time. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the site and/or its products or services if we believe you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions or applicable law, you are a repeat infringer of intellectual property rights, or for any other reason without notice or liability.
SECTION 13- WAIVERS
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches.
SECTION 14- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with American laws, and the courts of California will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms of sale.
Copyright © 2020 Village Eyewear. All rights reserved. All materials presented on this site are copyrighted and owned by Village Eyewear, or other individuals or entities as designated. Any republication, retransmission, reproduction, downloading, storing or distribution of all or part of any materials found on this site is expressly prohibited.
SECTION 16- MODIFICATIONS
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify any portion of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes in these Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the site and/or the products or services offered on or through the site after any changes to these Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 17- ELIGIBILITY
You hereby accept the fact that you have read, understood, and are willing to abide by the terms and conditions laid down in this agreement. You further agree that the terms and conditions set out under this agreement are fair, reasonable, and just given the matters set out under this agreement and you waive any and all rights to have any claims against us on grounds set out above.
For more information regarding our Terms and Conditions, please contact us at:
2450 Colorado Avenue Santa Monica, CA 90404